Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Bassike instinct

What a title, right? Sorry about that.

Anyways, Bassike is a 'strayan label that I've been eyeing of for ages now (but always resisted because I wasn't sure if it was 'me'), and I really really really like these:











I don't usually go for mod, clean lines and drape-y jersey garments, but lately my brain keeps looping back around to this kind of clothing. I love the jodhpur-style trousers because I never really got over Nicolas Ghesquière's 'multi-ethnic/preppy college-girl chic' collection of 2007 for Balenciaga.


(Well, except for the fringed scarves. Never has a fashion trend made me crankier. I want to puke when I see the fluorescent, chain-store versions walking towards me.)

And the electric blue harem pants? Like street-worthy tracksuit pants in one of the greatest colours ever. They would make morning dressing in .5 seconds oh so much easier...Help! I need to be dissuaded...

5 comments:

Anon said...

I am so with you on the scarves - sorry scarf wearers : )

I love those grey trousers too.

Aneets said...

I love the tops- very nice!

Ditto on the scarves- do not get the appeal.

beth said...

Sorry, I'm not going to dissuade you. You'd look great in any or all of those x

Miss.Katie said...

I am in love with Electric Blue and Bottle Green at the moment!

The jacket in that picture is fantastic! I wish I was think enough to pull of an outfit like that:-P

I think you would look great in it all:)

Iris said...

@Eco-Chic-Mummy: I can think of about 100 things I could wear with those pants...even though I'm trying not to ;-)

@Aneets: I love a good scarf, but the keffiyehs get me every time. Why?!?

@beth: Well, in that case...

@Miss.Katie: Oooh, bottle green's a great colour. And how good is the jacket?!