Okay, I need to come up with seven things about myself that are interesting, as dear Megs from Box of Tricks has tagged me. She is having her baby today (!), so, you know, it's the least I can do ;-)
1) I married my French boyfriend when I was 22, and we broke up a year later. We're still married - we just haven't gotten around to organising the end of it, yet.
2) I am petrified of spider wasps. You know the big, black ones with bright orange wings that like to drag huntsman spiders around? I have nightmares that I am the huntsman spider, and that I end my days paralysed and eaten from the inside by spider wasp larvae.
3) I have had postnatal depression for about six months now, and I'm bumbling my way through various avenues to (hopefully) find a way to fix it. I'm extremely grateful that, as awful as it can get sometimes, it hasn't affected the way I feel about my little girl. And I probably won't write much more about it here - blogging is a bit of an escape, a 'happy place', if you will. But I'm also becoming more comfortable with being open about it.
4) Speaking of that little sprite, I thought I might clarify, just in case: Baboushka is her nickname. Aussie rhyming-slang and all that. I wouldn't really be so mean as to rob her of her youth by giving her the russian word for 'grandmother' as her name ;-)
5) I love clothes. I could even go as far as to say that I'm obsessed. Sometimes, when I'm having a cup of tea and reading blogs late at night, I'll put on one of my favourite op-shop scores - a sequinned 50s shell top, a vintage silk kimono - and just sit and feel generally excited.
6) Actually, maybe it's more the op-shop thing that I'm obsessed with. The clothes part is always good, but I feel the same about my thrifted teapots that will never serve any purpose other than to look beautiful. When I'm not wearing inappropriately glamourous clothes in front of the computer late at night, you'll find me taking photos of the aforementioned teapots, or composing love poems to Grindley sandwich plates.
7) The place that you won't find me late at night is in bed, asleep. It doesn't matter how early I wake up, I find I really have to force myself to go to bed. There's something about the witching hour that fills me with creativity and motivation. It's kind of annoying, but better to have it at midnight than not to have it at all :-)
Ahh, I won't tag anyone in particular, I'm very non-committal when it comes to tagging! But please tag yourself if you are so inclined!