Saturday, April 11, 2009

Feeling catty...

It's 5:39pm and I'm not feeling particularly charitable. Normally, I'm of the if-you-don't-have-anything-nice-to-say-restrain-yourself school of thought. But f**k it, this is a blog and I should be writing more, even if what I write is inane and catty. In the blog world, it's all about quantity..

And so, my thoughts are as such: if Kate Moss were a tv show, I'd say she has jumped the shark. I've always loved her; her doe-eyes, her perfectly gorgeous cheekbones, her insouciant cool. But I sort of feel like she's over - all those years of hard partying have left her a bit haggard, sort of messy-looking (and not in that sexy way), and now when I see photos of her out at various nocturnal gatherings I get a 'lost' vibe. As though she doesn't want to stop doing what she's been doing for the last 15 years, but doesn't know how to move on.



Maybe I see this because I've been questioning this sort of thing lately (not my fabulous modelling career and rock 'n' roll lifestyle; no, more the whole being-over-going-out-and-associated-practices thing). I left Baboushka at home with some expressed milk and her dad and went out a few nights ago. My brother and I went to the local tavern for a friend's gig, and even though it was nice to be out and about and enjoying a few Pale Ales, I couldn't help but feel relieved that I don't go out anymore. I think that part of the reason I knew I was ready to have a baby was that I was over it a year ago - I wanted to get off the bar stool and get on with my life.

I really don't want to be one of those mothers who disapproves of everything any other mother does that isn't in keeping with my own philosophy on parenthood (which is still very nascent - a euphemism for blundering along and working it all out as I go), but I do wonder how much time Kate spends with her daughter, given the amount of photos available which show her sans daughter.

Don't get me wrong - as I said, I rather love Kate Moss and would kill to look like her...as long as it was five or ten years ago...

No comments: