Today is my brother Tom's 21st birthday! Happy day, T-Bone.
Although there are two brothers and six years between us, we're eerily similar. Maybe he's actually my twin, albeit one who stayed in utero for a while after my exit.
* We're both tall and Children-of-the-Corn-esque
* We both ended up studying languages (he French and Japanese, me French and Spanish) after realising that our initial choices (he Civil Engineering, me Marine Biology) weren't our respective styles;
* After watching the video 'Meet Your Meat' together one afternoon (I was already a vego, he stopped by for a cup of tea), he decided to join me in my meat-free ways. And he's stuck with it, I'm very proud of him.
* We both think that tea is one of the greatest things in the world, and regularly imbibe. We also agree that tea + baked treat of some description is even better (see previous entry re: brownies);
* We share a mutual love of rockpools (which we must get from our Dad);
as well as of a certain 2 1/2-month old
(Tom's a great uncle - here he's helping Anouk with her walking skills)