Sunday, June 28, 2009

Coco Nut

Speaking of outfits, here's mine from yesterday (or was it the day before? They all start to blend):


In the spirit of making more of an effort, which itself is in the spirit of having finally gotten a Flickr account and joining the groups Wardrobe Remix and The Uncommonly Fetching Mamas, I went to the skirt I fondly think of as The Chanel Skirt. It was my mother's - she looked like a minx in it but claims it no longer fits - and I was more than happy to give it a new home.

This outfit was in the spirit of all sorts of things, it turns out. The spirit of thrift is another one. The skirt was gratis, the tee was cheap (American Apparel, purchased off eBay for further thriftiness), the belt was another maternal hand-me-down (thanks, Ma!) and I nabbed this beret from my Dad.


And how could I forget the spirit of Chanel herself? Yes, the beret was chosen mainly for it's ability to cover lank locks-in-dire-need-of-a-wash, but I like to think that it, the skirt and the ubiquitous ballet flats are a subtle nod to Coco herself. Just in time for the movie!

8 comments:

K.Line said...

You look gorgeous! I couldn't even find a skirt for the first year of my kid's life! (Much less one that fit.)

Chantelle {fat mum slim} said...

Beautiful, the both of you. x

Amanda said...

You're a stunner...I really must make more of an effort to get out of jeans...

Jessi said...

beautiful! I wish I could look that nice!!! ;)

Eloise said...

Beaute` xxx

Andrea Eames said...

Hello :)

Thanks for your lovely comment! I'm glad to have the opportunity to discover your blog. This outfit is lovely, very Amelie.

A xx

Andrea Eames said...

Oh, and I've posted my take on the jeans+flats+top challenge that you and MLF created! :)

Iris said...

Aw geeze, thanks everyone!

I'll try to keep posting these (whenever I'm not wearing trackies and can cajole Pat into taking pictures for me, anyhow!)..