Saturday, June 27, 2009

Top+Jeans+Flats

Mademoiselle Lady Finger recently wrote a great post (an essay, even!) on personal style. One of her ruminations stuck out: "If I asked you to slip on a pair of jeans, a simple top, a pair of flat shoes, and any accessories you liked, what would you come up with? No doubt you'd come out looking vastly different to the next person, but how?"

I want to see this put into practice! So I'm going over to Polyvore to pick my outfit...

(okay, yes, this was really just an excuse to play on Polyvore)

...and here it is! Well, this is what I'd choose if I had 20 minutes and an unlimited budget..

I'm a wee bit shy about tagging people with something new, so anyone who wants in on this little social experiment, be tagged!

6 comments:

Chantelle {fat mum slim} said...

I love this idea. I don't know how to use polyvore... but I'll give it one more try. x

Amanda said...

Count me in! I'm off to do mine now...thanks Iris xox

Anon said...

Iris I love that top - red & cream is such a beautiful combination - and I wear my jeans like that ALL THE TIME! Love 'em.

I'm glad we took our little girl to the Children's Farm this morning, because that allays my guilt a little at spending the afternoon on Polyvore!

My response to the question is here: http://hippieontheinside.blogspot.com/2009/06/fleur-delices-polyvore-challenge.html

And if anyone wants to share their Polyvore jeans-top-flats set, I have a Polyvore group called "Eco-Chic SAHM's" which you can add your sets to! See here: http://www.polyvore.com/eco-chic_sahms/group.show?id=61748

Eloise said...

Bravo! You started it and I am so pleased! Sorry to be slow off the bat - my internet was playing up over the weekend.
Love your outfit, and thanks so much for the props! I'm off to Polyvore, and to tag away of course! xxx

Eloise said...

I've also started up a group to showcase all the outfits in one place. Or we can use Eco-Chic Mummy's. Both would be super duper! Here's the group I set up:
http://www.polyvore.com/personal_style_challenge/group.show?id=62995
You may need to blog about it so ppl know xxx

Iris said...

Thanks for playing, guys!

Such a great idea, Lady Finger! The next social experiment is "look how many bloggers we can get addicted to Polyvore' ;-) ;-)