Monday, May 18, 2009

8 Things

'Cos I like these tagging larks (especially during the last, energy-sapping feed of the night). Thanks to le parapluie deteste la pluie!

8 things I'm looking forward to:

1) going to sleep
2) having afternoon tea with my dad tomorrow
3) buying some yarn to start my first afghan blanket
4) getting my new boots soled
5) Baboushka’s first word
6) teaching Baboushka to swim next summer
7) my post-grad studies
8) living overseas


8 things I did yesterday:
1) had a shower
2) hung out washing
3) walked to beach with Baboushka to meet friends
4) discovered friends meant pub with same name as beach
5) nearly throttled hip-but-daft kid who took 30 minutes to put bircher muesli in tub and hand it over, but thought patient thoughts and smiled sweetly instead
6) went to pub and spewed forth massive bitchkrieg re: hip-but-daft kids in customer service these days
7) felt like old crone re: phrase ‘kids these days’; ordered a Fire Engine to feel young again
8) enjoyed rest of afternoon with friends


8 things I wish I could do:
1) speak Portuguese
2) speak Russian
3) speak Arabic
4) play the piano like Tori Amos
5) breathe underwater
6) knit amazing things
7) tame lions
8) join a circus with my lion-taming skills


8 things I watched recently:
1) At the Movies (re-run)
2) SBS World News
3) Madmen
4) 30 Rock
5) Tony vs Paul on Youtube (for the 100th time)
6) Doubt
7) The Duchess
8) The Reader

Tag yourselves if you're so inclined, friends!

No comments: