Tuesday, May 5, 2009

How to Watch Movies Under an Australian Doona..

While Pat was having a choice time in NZ, Anouk and I holed up on the lounge with a doona and some 'girlie' movies. We watched Elizabeth (I can't believe I still hadn't seen it. And now that I have, I can't believe that Gwyneth Paltrow won the Oscar that year!), the newest Pride and Prejudice (a devoted fan of the Beeb production, I didn't think I'd like this version, but I did), and How to Make an American Quilt. Girlie movies were a good choice.

I'd seen HTMAAQ before, eons ago, and it was nice to watch it again and still like it. Sure, Winona Ryder is a bit irritating, but the 50's(?) flashbacks and the beautiful quilt make up for it. Another thing I realised I liked was Finn's cute, hippie/intello wardrobe. Cue Polyvore collage:


Now I just need to start my thesis :-/

No comments: